This is my blog, and I write it. There are no ghost writers. I don’t accept “sponsored content” that is really a disguised “advertorial.” If I am quoting from a public relations release or other material provided to me by someone else, I’ll tell you and show it is a quote. I cite my sources. Where appropriate, I thank my inspiration. Guest posts will be clearly attributed to their authors. Copyright will be acknowledged.
Integrity means transparency. If I am an affiliate or otherwise compensated for a referral, I’ll tell you. If I receive a free product to review, the review will say so. I will disclose my relationships and affiliations relevant to this blog. (By the way, in the United States the FTC–Federal Trade Commission–requires disclosure of any affiliation with a brand, product, etc. on any social media post, regardless of the platform. That disclosure is required to be prominent and easy to understand, AND on the page where the content/post appears–it’s not enough to have a generic disclaimer page. The same is true of affiliate links, which have to be identified. As a reader and consumer, you have the right to know.)
My pledge: I will only promote products and services that I would back with my own personal reputation.
Integrity means honesty. I won’t lie to you, and I won’t stand for anyone lying to (or about!) me. If I review a product, service, or event it is because I used it, tried it, or attended it. Positive reviews are not for sale, they must be earned by merit. Trust matters.
Science: it works, bitches. (I read it on XKCD.) That’s why I do my best to research before writing about fitness and nutrition, so I can present the most current state of knowledge of the topic I’m discussing. That’s professional. I will not repeat junk science or conspiracy theories or promote a product, service, or event that relies on them. I’m not a scientist, but I will do my best (and you’re encouraged to help!). I will seek out peer-reviewed research publications wherever possible. And hey, my post supporting GMO labeling? I totally take it back.
Critical thinking: you should do some. Disagree with my conclusions? Find a flaw in my logic? Not sure about a source I’m citing? Do your own research. Try it out for yourself. Make up your own mind. I’ll approve your dissenting, thoughtful comments. Find a peer reviewed research study where I said there wasn’t one? Tell me! I want to hear about it.
Hate isn’t welcome here. Feel free to debate ideas and to disagree. I don’t expect everyone to agree with me or share my tastes. Personal attacks are not okay. A free exchange of ideas is!
The Bottom Line: I am responsible for what you read here, love it or not.
Live Your Best Life Now!
Disclosures (updated 7/11/2021)):
- Core Meditation Ambassador
- Honey Stinger Hive
- Hydrant Insider
- Lebert Fitness Ambassador
- Run Gum RunSquad
- In addition, I participate in fitness professional discount programs offered by Prana, and OPTP; I also have a love for EnergyBits (discount code BAIN–save 20% on any Bits)
- Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank Marathon Ambassador, 2016
- Detroit Free Press/Chemical Bank Marathon Ambassador, 2017
- Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon Blogger, 2017, 2018
- Represent Running “Run the Bay” series Ambassador, 2016 & 2017
- Health Warrior Ambassador 2018, 2019
- Represent Running Ambassador Team
- BibRave Pro, 2014-16
- Rock ‘n’ Roll series: Rock ‘n’ Blog, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Nuun #Nuunbassador, 2015 & 2017
- Berkeley Half Marathon Ambassador, 2014
- Siggi’s Culture Club, 2014
- Women’s Health Magazine “Action Hero” 2012-2014
- Former Independent BeachBody Coach