Live Your Best Life, Right Now
My purpose is to share knowledge, promote health and fitness as a lifestyle (not a “diet”), and connect you with resources to live your best life–whatever that means to you–right now. Life is precious and short, and the time to do that crazy, wonderful, impossible thing is RIGHT NOW.
Multiple Sclerosis. To be blunt, it sucks. The disease attacks nerve coatings. Imagine your body has a bunch of electrical wires inside that ferry information from your body to your brain. Now imagine some sneaky disease starts to take all of the insulation off of those wires, scrambling the circuits. Maybe your fingers and toes and hands and feet start to always feel like “pins and needles.” Or maybe it is annoyingly difficult to walk sometimes. Perhaps you get dizzy or have unexplained headaches. Or have sudden bladder problems. Maybe muscles start to twitch on their own. Or one day you’re fatigued and depressed and exhausted and do not know why. ANY of these could be symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis. There is no single test to definitively diagnose MS; it is possible to live with MS for years without a diagnosis. No two cases present the same way. It is a frustrating disease that can progress gradually over time, or in fits and starts, racing ahead and stopping, staying at a plateau, then getting worse. There is no cure.
This is my focus for 2015: fund a cure for Multiple Sclerosis with MS Run the US!
Originally I was scheduled to run Nebraska as part of the 2015 Relay team. Unfortunately, I FAILED in my goal to raise $4,000 before the run started. Boo. That said, I committed to raise $11,000 and I am going to do it–with your help.
To raise $11,000–my personal goal–I need to reach 1,000 people and convince each of them to donate just $11. For most of my friends, that is two visits to Starbucks, two bridge tolls, or two rides on BART; or half a day of parking, one lunch out, or a movie ticket. If I’m hitting you up personally for a donation I know you can afford it.
Here are FIVE easy ways you can help:
1. Donate Online. Head over to my fundraising page (click on the link, under the bold text): https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/Bain/msruntheus2015relay Donate online, right now, no waiting. I’ve written a little more about the event there, and included links to more information on MS and the MS Run the US event. You’ll receive an immediate electronic thank you and tax receipt.
2. Donate Off-line. Write a check, payable to “MS Run the US,” and give it to me. You can mail your check to Elizabeth R. Bain, c/o Foley & Mansfield, 300 Lakeside Drive, Suite 1900, Oakland, CA 94612. I’ll send you a receipt and a hand-written thank you note. As a bonus, 100% of check donations go to MS Run the US. (Like most fundraising sites, firstgiving.com charges about 7% in fees.)
3. Change Your Life. Commit to improving your health with a new workout and/or a new breakfast. From now until I’ve completed my $11,000 commitment, I will donate 100% of my income as an Independent BeachBody Coach to MS Run the US. You get my personal assistance and the satisfaction of knowing you’re helping fund a cure for MS. Not sure which workout is for you? Choose BeachBody On Demand for just $3/week (billed quarterly) to stream a variety of workouts. Or shoot me a message–I’d love to use my Coach U certification, ACE Health Coach certification, and background in group exercise, yoga, and nutrition to help you create YOUR best life. Click on the link to get started: http://www.beachbodycoach.com/TrainWithBain
4. Buy a Bracelet. Click over to the wristband page to order. Be sure to check the box that says BAIN so I get credit for your donation. Each bracelet is $5, $3.50 of which goes directly to MS Run the US.
Coming Soon! Buy a raffle ticket! I’m hosting a raffle with some pretty cool prizes; watch this space for more details (right after Labor Day). If you’d like to donate a prize, let me know. Tickets are 1 for $5 or 3 for $11.
6. Coming soon! Check out my hand-made ribbon hair ties. These are brand new, made with my own hands, and perfect for adults and children. I’ve got fun prints for fall and Halloween, and plenty of princess-themed prints for you Disney runners.
I’m currently just over 10% of the way to my goal. Can I count on you to help reach $11,000 before December 31?
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.